Services Resume May 17 with Morning Prayer Format
We’re opening this Sunday – May 17! We are very excited to be able to worship together again as PA moves into the “yellow” zone and begins to lift restrictions.
As you know, we have plans in place to keep you safe and have outlined them online and below. We understand that you might not be ready right now to return to church so we’re going to continue with online services.
A Morning Prayer format with a sermon will be used at this early stage of reopening and no communion will be distributed. Click here to learn a little more about the Morning Prayer Service.
To assist with social distancing and the CDC guidelines, were continuing with two service, 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM and masks/facial coverings must be worn. We request that you bring your own but we’ll have some on hand if you don’t have one or forgot to bring one.
Adult Bible Study will continue the study of Romans this Sunday via conference call at 9:15-10:15 AM – call 425-436-6312 access code 419306. Please consider joining us.
Just a reminder that there will be no in-person Sunday School between services.
Although our church service may be different in the short term, we’ll be together worshipping our great God as one church body. We’re thrilled to be opening the doors this Sunday, May 17.
Please contact Pastor Rike if you have any questions or concerns.
Here’s the complete list of what will be in place to keep you safe when we return to worship at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church:
- We will continue with two (2) services, 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM, in order to maintain the guideline of 25 or less in a gathering. This schedule will continue beyond Memorial Day Weekend and until further notice.
- Sunday School will not be held between services but will continue with at-home options
- All who attend worship must wear masks/facial coverings; we request that you bring your own but we’ll supply if you don’t have one
- Pews will be roped off in order to maintain social distance
- No distribution of Holy Communion; a Morning Prayer format with Sermon will be used instead
- All resources necessary for the service will be printed and placed in the pews before service
- The offering plate will be stationed in the narthex at all times
- Prior to and after each service, door knobs and surface areas will be disinfected
- Ushers will monitor and control the number of people in the narthex and will dismiss pews at the end of the service to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Greeters and tellers will not be needed at this early stage of reopening. Lectors and ushers will be contacted to determine their level of comfort in participating.
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. ~ Ephesians 4:4