Music Class at Good Shepherd Preschool
All classes at Good Shepherd Preschool of Fox Chapel participate in Music class each week.
We prepare students for their upcoming Kindergarten music classes following the Fox Chapel School District music curriculum.
- Participate in moving and singing along with live piano music as well as CDs.
- Sing acapella (without piano or CD accompaniment).
- Physically move and dance to music to learn how to express oneself through movement to music.
- Learn about dynamics and expression through singing, games and listening.
- Listen to a variety of musical styles and discuss different musical genres.
- Learn to sing songs for special holidays throughout the year.
- Explore percussion instruments.
Additionally, the four-year-old classes:
- Learn how to play Orff instruments. The children practice proper posture and mallet technique. The students experience each different instrument by sharing and taking turns.
- Follow the “Music for Little Mozarts” classroom curriculum, culminating in a concert at the end of the school year.
Good Shepherd Preschool of Fox Chapel
1610 Powers Run Road – Pittsburgh, PA 15238
412-963-9494 Ext. 304