A Message from Church Council – Worship, Bible Study and Education Continue in a New Way
A Message from GSLC Church Council
Wow, things moved quickly the last 10 days with the closing of all schools, the CDC’s recommendation to not gather in groups of more than 10, to finally a closure of all ‘non-essential’ businesses as mandated by the Governor. It’s been a very fluid situation and we’ve been responding to each change as it occurred.
Members of church council had a chance to meet as a group on Saturday morning via video call to make decisions about the church and preschool and to discuss how we’ll move forward in these unprecedented times.
As we all strive to find a new normal during this time, we want to share with you the status of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. We know that things are still changing and we will update you regularly. To view the entire message as a PDF, click here.
Worship and Christian Education
- The church is currently closed and we are trying to limit access into the building. Please let Pastor Rike or Sandra in the church office know if you would like to access the building.
- Sunday Services are being offered in new and unique ways such as Facebook live and at-home service that are available on our website and our facebook page.
- Weekly emails will continue to provide information on worship services and links to online options.
- Bible Study for Adults continues via conference call on Sunday mornings at 9:15 AM – the call number is 425-436-6312, access code 419306.
- Sunday School options are being sent to all students via email. If you have not received Sunday School materials, please contact Kristen Gulakowski or Pastor Rike.
- Options for Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday worship are being discussed this week with Pastor Rike, Randy Broker and others. More information will be shared once it has been finalized.
- Preschool classes have been suspended through April 13. Council will be monitoring this over the next couple of weeks and will provide an update as it is available.
- The roof replacement is anticipated to start in late March but we are waiting to find out if the roofing company is permitted to start work or if it will be delayed based on the Governor’s proclamation.
- With the uncertainty of when we’ll be able to resume worship and other social activities, the 125th Anniversary Celebration scheduled for May 3 has been postponed until Fall.
- The Noah’s Ark event scheduled for June 6 has also been postponed until further notice.
- The Art & Theology and Chopped Committees have suspended their meetings until further notice.
Information can be found on our website www.gslcfc.org, on our facebook page and we’ll send it to you via email. Please contact the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are not receiving our emails and you’ll be added to the list.
We are praying for your health and safety until we can be together again.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I with strengthen you and help you; I will uphold with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10